Lord of the Hunt is downloadable content for Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor. It introduces the new Beastmaster Warchiefs into the game, and involves Talion joining with Torvin using his powers of Domination to turn these new beasts against the Warchiefs, proving that Mordor cannot be tamed.
- New Story & Lore - Discover more tales from Torvin, the Dwarven Hunter as you work together to tame the beasts of Mordor and fight Sauron’s minions.
- New Missions & Challenges - New Beast Hunting challenges and collectibles open up new trophies and achievements.
- New Nemeses - Face off against the Beastmaster Warchiefs, powerful new Uruks who have the ability to ride monsters and engage in perilous mounted combat. Unlike other Uruks in the Nemesis System, these Warchiefs are five specific characters who will appear in every playthrough.
- New Monsters - Ride into battle on the Wretched Graug to vomit toxin at your foes, stalk your enemies on the predatory Caragath and attack from the shadows or raise an all-consuming Ghûl Horde.
- New Epic Runes - Make your Mount unstoppable with five new epic Runes that make you the ultimate hunter.
- Test of the Wild - Test your skills against the Beastmasters and mount your trophies on the leaderboard.
- New Character Skin - Lord of the Hunt skin transforms Talion into the ultimate Beastmaster.
- Ghûls are now brandable.
- New Collectable Artifacts - Scour through the Sea of Nurnen to find Torvin's diary pages that tell mystical tales.
Main Quests (Torvin)Edit
Beastmaster Warchief QuestsEdit
Legend of the Hunter QuestsEdit
- Lord of the Hunt has an entirely new and separate Hierarchy, and the Warchiefs have new abilities including riding the Caragaths and Wretched Graugs. (Uruks do not possess the ability to mount monsters in Test of the Wild.)
- When Talion is mounted, the player needs to dismount the mounted Uruks at the first stage of the fight.
- Uruks are not all focused on mounted combat; some of them specialize in killing your mounts.
- Chronologically, this DLC takes place after the slaying of the Legendary Graug and the Tower of Sauron, but before Talion's encounter with the Dark Lord at the Morannon.
- However, the main storyline does not explain how and/or why Talion grew out his beard and hair, or why he replaced his Ranger uniform with a fur coat.
- Strangely, Celebrimbor has no speaking lines in Lord of the Hunt besides recycled lines during Dominations and (Normal) Warchief missions. All Warchief missions are narrated by Torvin.
- Graugs and Caragors are replaced by Wretched Graugs and Caragaths.
- The entire DLC takes place in the Sea of Núrnen.