Acharn is the primary stealth weapon in Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor.
The hilt-piece of Dirhael's shattered sword, the broken blade is still a lethal implement, re-named Acharn, meaning "vengeance" in Sindarin, and likewise re-purposed as a silent implement to enact its namesake upon Sauron's armies.
Upon completing half (5/10) of the respective Legend quests, the blade is re-forged by the Wraith and gains a new aesthetic appearance. Upon completing all the respective legend quests, it is wholly reforged, and gains a more elvish appearance.
Elvish Inscription Edit
Once all inscriptions are unlocked on the blade, the Sindarin inscription reads as follows:
Sigil thurin vin fuin
"A dagger secret in the night"
Gruithol egyn i boe dadannathar na hereg.
"Terrifying evildoers who must give back with blood.
Dulaf naeg a mernida caran.
Swallows pain and red becomes black."
- Acharn, before being reforged, was previously the shattered sword of Talion's son, Dirhael.
- Talion gave this sword to Dirhael, having it custom made by a blacksmith.
- Acharn means Vengeance in the Elven language of Sindarin.
- Like the sword, Urfael, the five "runes" engraved on Acharn's cross-hilt spell out its name in Elvish Tengwar using Full Sindarin Mode. This matches the origin of its Sindarin name.
- Acharne (the alleged derivative for the Elvish word) is French for "perseverance".